Let Fort Lee FCU Help You Achieve Your Savings Goals
Don't put off saving a minute longer! Turn to us for the answers and options you need to build financial strength and stability. Our locations in Prince George and Fort Lee can offer higher dividend rates to jumpstart your savings.
- We offer various ways to create Share Accounts to help grow your savings. From a Primary Savings Account to a Youth Savings Account, find financial stability that fits your needs best.
- Club Accounts are designed with you and your specific saving goals in mind. Allocate money that you are already making from your paycheck and put it towards a Club Savings Account specifically for when you need it.
- Money Market Accounts provides higher yields with more flexibility. You can choose from three account level options and there are no term restrictions on this type of savings account.
- If you’re looking for maximum return on your deposit, Share Certificates have higher dividends and can deposit your funds for a fixed length of time.
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) can be a wise savings investment for those looking for savings options and solutions when planning a comfortable retirement plan.
- Savings Bonds can be redeemed at Fort Lee Federal Credit Union, but not purchased at financial institutions.
Start Saving—No Matter How Much Money You Make
Many people look at their finances and become discouraged because they can´t save a whole lot right now. However, anyone can save, and can do so at any point in life. It´s not how much you put away, but rather that you actually do it. Developing the habit will ensure that you will set money aside, and as you begin to make more money, you can set more of it aside.
Saving Is Important to Your Future
One of the most important things you can do for your financial wellbeing is to get in the habit of saving. You probably hear about the importance of saving all of the time, but that is because it is so important. From unexpected expenses to planning for a financially stable retirement, a savings plan will keep you prepared. We offer an online savings account to help ensure this is an easy process to access at all times.
Pay Yourself First
Get used to putting your savings into your account before you do other things with that money. Many workplaces allow you to have a portion of your income directly deposited into a savings account. You can decide how much to allocate using dollar amounts, or you can express it as a percentage of your income.
3 Differences Between Credit Unions vs. Banks
By opening a savings account with a credit union compared to a bank, you can rest assured that you, the member, come first. Our financial institutions in Fort Lee and Prince George, Virginia offer a savings account along with checking accounts. Below are the 3 biggest differences when choosing between a credit union vs. bank.
- Dividend rates let your money work for you when you open an account with Fort Lee Federal Credit Union. Credit unions typically have the highest yield opportunities for their members.
- In comparison to banks, credit unions are able to provide lower fees, if any. We are fee free when it comes to monthly and minimum balances.
- If you are looking to be put first, credit unions are more reputable for being member-centric. Credit unions have a unique membership structure that banks simply cannot offer.