Search, buy, sell, and save on your next home.
We’ve partnered with Member Advantage Mortgage to bring this exclusive service to our members. HomeAdvantage® offers tools and expertise that could help get you into your next home, while saving you time and money!
Start your search
Simple, single-point access to information you can trust, including online property listings, recent sales data, demographics, schools, crime statistics and more.
Connect to an experienced agent
When you’re ready, we can connect you to an experienced real estate agent in our network of hand-picked professionals.
When you use one of the agents in our network, you could earn Cash Rewards!
Get support when you need it
The HomeAdvantage Member Service Team is available seven days a week (at specified times) for guidance!
$5,500 to Award to Graduating Seniors!
If you know a high school senior, make sure they are aware of our expanded scholarship opportunities. Applications will be available in mid-January at both credit union branches and on our website. They must be completed and submitted with letters of recommendation by end of business Friday, March 8, 2019. Winners will be contacted in April.
Collegiate Leadership Awards
Any high school senior who is a Fort Lee Federal Credit Union member and entering into any area of study at a two- or four-year college/university is encouraged to apply. Three scholarships are available:
- One (1) award of $2,500
- Two (2) awards of $1,000 each
Career Path Leadership Award
Any high school senior who is a Fort Lee Federal Credit Union member and pursuing a certificate or technical degree at a career college, community college or technical school is encouraged to apply.
- One (1) award of $1,000
Members Save Up To $15 on TurboTax® and Get a Chance to Win $25,000!2
TurboTax® is up-to-date on the latest tax laws and guarantees 100% accurate calculations, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
You’re automatically entered to win $25,000 when you try TurboTax Online for FREE by February 14, 2019. As a credit union member you can save up to $15 on TurboTax.
Message from the CEO: Resolve to Budget and Save in the New Year
January is a good time to review and refresh your personal finances. You can make positive changes to your spending and saving habits, whether it’s making a New Year’s resolution to get spending under control, figuring out how to save for a down payment on a house, or analyzing your retirement savings strategy. Many people, however, aren’t sure where to begin.
Where are you now?
Start with a personal assessment. Ask yourself: Do you track where your money goes? Do you have a specific spending plan? Do you have an emergency or rainy-day fund? Do you work within a budget? Do you have long-term financial goals?
Take the two-step approach.
Having a plan for different aspects of your life is essential. Consider a plan where you:
- Budget—for short-term goals.
- Save—for longer-term goals.
We could help.
Budgeting and saving are important components of financial well-being, but they require different strategies. We can help you get started. Contact us today to help you start the New Year on the right financial footing.
As always, thank you for your membership. We look forward to serving you in 2019.
Patsy Stuard, CEO
We had a blast participating in the 2018 Prince George and Colonial Heights Holiday Parades. We loved receiving smiles and cheers from our members along the routes, and were so honored to be awarded “Best Decorated Float” in Prince George.
Fort Lee FCU Golf Tournament Raises $14,000 for ALS Association & VACUPAC
The Fort Lee FCU annual benefit golf tournament, held in October on Fort Lee, raised $14,000. In November, The ALS Association of DC/MD/VA was presented with a check for $7,500 from the proceeds of the tournament. This amount also included funds raised through FLFCU staff participation in the Walk to Defeat ALS in October. Learn more about the ALS Association at www.alsa.org.
Virginia Credit Union PAC (VACUPAC) was a beneficiary of the tournament as well, receiving $6,500. VACUPAC is a non-partisan voluntary organization that supports credit union initiatives through legislation.
Patsy Stuard and Sarah Marks of Fort Lee FCU present a check for $7,500 to Carole Smith, of the ALS Association.
Updated Fee Schedule
Updates and changes will take effect February 1, 2019. View updated fee schedule.
New Year’s Day: Tuesday, January 1
Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, January 21
Washington’s Birthday: Monday, February 18
1) The HomeAdvantage® program is made available to you through a relationship between Member Advantage Mortgage LLC and CU Realty Services. Cash Rewards are awarded by CU Realty Services to buyers and sellers who select and use a real estate agent in the HomeAdvantage® network. Home buyers or sellers are not eligible for Cash Rewards if they use an agent outside this network. Using Member Advantage Mortgage LLC for a mortgage is not a requirement to earn Cash Rewards. Cash Rewards amounts are dependent on the commissions paid to the agent. Cash Rewards incentives will be credited against your cash to close requirements where allowed and may not exceed the actual cash required to close. Cash Rewards incentives are not available with all loan products. Eligible Cash Rewards amounts will be credited towards closing costs where allowed. Cash Rewards incentives are available in most states; however, they are void where prohibited by law or by the lender. Please consult with Member Advantage Mortgage LLC to get details that may affect you.
Fort Lee Federal Credit Union (NMLS #460966) (fortleecu.org) has partnered with Member Advantage Mortgage, LLC (NMLS #1557) (memberadvantagemortgage.com) to serve the mortgage needs of members. Licensed by the Virginia State Corporation Commission. Virginia Lender License # MC-5045. Virginia Broker License #MC-5045. (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org)
2) Visit http://turbotax.intuit.com/lp/yoy/guarantees.jsp for TurboTax product guarantees and other important information. Limited time offer for TurboTax 2018. Discount applies to TurboTax federal products only. Terms, conditions, features, availability, pricing, fees, service and support options subject to change without notice. Intuit, TurboTax and TurboTax Online, among others, are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries.
TurboTax $25,000 Sweepstakes. NO PURCHASE OR FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older at time of entry, who are customers of participating Financial Institutions or employees of participating businesses. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes ends 2/14/19. Subject to complete Official Rules and all applicable federal, state and local laws. For Official rules including participating Financial Institutions and business, odds of winning, alternate method of entry, and prize descriptions, visit https://turbotax.intuit.com/microsite/sweeps-rules.jsp. PRIZES: 1 Grand Prize: A check for $25,000. Retail value, $25,000. 12 First Prizes: A check for $1,000. Retail value, $1,000 each. Maximum retail value of all prizes is $37,000. The odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received by the end of the Promotion Period. SPONSOR: Intuit Inc., 7535 Torrey Santa Fe Rd, SDG-2A-03-22E, San Diego, CA, 92129.