Platinum RewardsVisa® Credit Card1
- Non-variable rates as low at 7.99% APR
- No annual fees
- No foreign transaction fees
- No cash advance fees
- No balance transfer fees
- Earn rewards points2 with purchases
- Great for airfare & vacation rentals
- Starting at $500
- Rates as low as 6.99% APR
- Flexible terms
FLFCU Supports Armed Forces with Multiple Donations
In keeping with our military heritage, Fort Lee FCU proudly presented several donations at our annual meeting on April 16.
Tech For Troops
The credit union matched dinner ticket sales and presented Tech For Troops with a check for $2,000. Tech for Troops refurbishes and donates used technology to veterans in need, and provides information technology training for veterans to prepare them for reentry into the workforce. To learn more, visit www.techfortroops.org.
Army Women’s Foundation
Partnering with Armed Forces Financial Network (AFFN) Matching Grant Program, Fort Lee FCU donated $3,000 to the Army Women’s Foundation. Led by veterans and headquartered in Fort Lee, The U.S. Army Women’s Foundation is the premier organization for today’s Army women and veterans. Learn more at www.awfdn.org.
Dog Tag Inc.
Additionally, we donated our 2007 Honda Odyssey to Dog Tag Bakery, an organization that acts as a living business school for service-disabled veterans, military spouses, and caregivers. Strosnider Chevrolet repainted and spruced up the van to prepare the vehicle for its new life transporting program participants and supporting the bakery’s catering business. Visit www.dogtaginc.org to learn more.
Congratulations to our 2019 Scholarship Winners
Fort Lee FCU awarded scholarships to four graduating seniors within our membership. Qualified students submitted applications and were judged anonymously on academic merit, personal achievements, demonstrated leadership experience, extra-curricular involvement and/or work experience. Scholarship recipients were honored at our annual meeting and dinner on April 16. We congratulate each of them on this outstanding achievement. The 2019 winners are:
$2,500 Scholarship Recipient A senior from Colonial Heights High School, Mr. Kidd plans to attend George Washington University and major in Exercise Science.
$1,000 Scholarship Recipient A senior at Midlothian High School, Miss Baptiste plans to major in Biology at either the University of Virginia or the University of North Carolina.
$1,000 Scholarship Recipient Mr. Grias is a senior at Prince George High School. He plans to attend University of North Georgia and major in Computer Science with a focus in Cyber Security.
$1,000 Scholarship Recipient Mr. Torres is a senior at West End Christian School. He will start his college journey at John Tyler Community College, where he will major in Mass Communications.
Prince George Branch Members & Friends Day
Save the Date!
Friday, September 27
Stop by between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm for Lunch & Giveaways!*
*While supplies last.
Message from the CEO: We Honor Our Volunteers
One of the special aspects of credit unions is their commitment from volunteers. We are so grateful for the Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee, who donate their time and expertise to provide guidance and oversight to the credit union.
Clarance Dunn Retires
At our annual business meeting in April, we bid Clarance Dunn a fond farewell as he retired from Fort Lee Federal Credit Union’s Board of Directors. Mr. Dunn served generously for 33 years, volunteering his time in multiple Board roles. We wish him the very best in the future.
Gregory E. White Building Dedication
Fort Lee FCU was honored to participate in the dedication ceremony of the Gregory E. White Building for the Directorate of Public Works (DPW) on Fort Lee. In addition to his long career at DPW, The late Mr. White served as FLFCU Board Chair and volunteered countless hours to support the credit union and its members.
We are truly grateful for the service and friendship of these two volunteers and their contributions to the credit union movement.
Yours in service,
FLFCU Staff Present Junior Achievement Program to Hopewell Second-Graders
This spring, several of our staff members presented the Junior Achievement “Our Community” program to five second-grade classes at Dupont Elementary in Hopewell. Students completed a five-day curriculum, learning about finances, entrepreneurship, and work readiness. If you know of a local opportunity for financial education, contact our Financial Literacy Coordinator to discuss how we can support you: email email@example.com or call (804) 452-0736 x193.
Run for the Fallen
The FLFCU family was honored to sponsor and participate in Fort Lee’s 9th Annual Run for the Fallen. The event commemorates our heroic men and women in uniform who made the ultimate sacrifice, and shows support for their families
We regularly offer seminars covering various financial topics. These classes are excellent (and free!) resources to brush up on your financial knowledge. Please check our website for more details and updated schedules.
- Home Refinancing
- Money Lingo
- Home Buying
- Emergency Financial First Aid Kit
- Home Refinancing
- Understanding Your Credit
- Home Buying
- Budgeting & Balancing
- Home Buying
Fort Lee FCU Benefit Golf Tournament
Independence Day: Thursday, July 4
Labor Day: Monday, September 2
1) Rates from 7.99% APR to 14.99% APR. APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Subject to credit approval. The rate you receive is based on credit worthiness criteria. Not all applicants will qualify for the lowest rate. Cash advances and balance transfers begin accruing interest from the date of the transaction. Rates and terms subject to change. Some restrictions may apply. Contact a FLFCU Loan Officer for details. Membership required to get a FLFCU credit card. Membership is open to those who live, work or worship in Fort Lee, Prince George, Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg, Dinwiddie, Chesterfield and Sussex. Account opening includes non-refundable membership fee of $1, plus $25 savings deposit refundable at account closing.
2) Earn rewards points for every dollar spent on purchases. Cash advances and transfers from other credit cards do not qualify for rewards points. Must register your account at uchooserewards.com to redeem points.
3) Credit qualifications apply. Not all applicants will qualify for the lowest rate. Contact the credit union for more details. Membership required to get a loan. Membership is open to those who live, work or worship in Fort Lee, Prince George, Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg, Dinwiddie, Chesterfield and Sussex. Account opening includes non-refundable membership fee of $1, plus $25 savings deposit refundable at account closing.